Sunday, August 22, 2010

Green, Green Grass!

We had another successful Saturday! We decided to tackle the huge task of putting down sod in the backyard. My parents came to give us a hand...I really owe those two! We bought two pallets of sod and just about got the entire backyard covered. We only need a little bit more to complete the job.

This was my first time putting down sod. It sure was tough stuff! Ryan worked for a landscape company back in the day so he was an old pro! I let him do most of the work while I supervised.

I absolutely love the finished product! It makes the backyard look a million times better. Hopefully, we can keep it alive. We have already worked out our watering schedule. Are we losers?? I never thought I would get this excited about some grass!

Here are some pictures from the day...

Before Picture


Doing work!

Look who came to help! Such a diva!


After Picture....makes me soo happy!


The Gonz in his new yard!



Miss Marley loves the grass!

Next job....fixing the molding that Gonzo chewed up in the house. This should be fun!
Hope everyone has a great week! Gotta go watch my grass grow :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the grass Kat! Austin put some in my back yard and I just love it and so does Polly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girl! It is much better than dirt. I need to come see your house next time I am in town! I always check out your photos of your decorations. Soooo cute! :) Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm catching up on your blog...and am SO impressed!! That's a huge job!! Yay that Ryan had experience laying sod! If he accidentally comes to work in my backyard one day...that'll be fine with me! LOVE the before and after pictures!

    ReplyDelete