Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break Blogfest 2011 - Part 1

I finally made it to my Spring Break...thank goodness! The only thing that kept me from going off the deep end last week was the fact that if I made it through, I would be rewarded with a week long vacay. I persevered, and I am now enjoying SB2K11. I didn't get to relax much last spring break because I was up to my eyeballs in wedding, wedding, wedding!

Speaking of wedding...my longtime BFF, Courtney, got engaged this weekend to a guy that gets a big ol' two thumbs up approval from me. I just love these two together and know that they will make one heck of a team! I can't wait for all of the fun that is sure to come with this wedding. Many, many congrats to Courtney and Thomas...I love you both so very much! :)


Yay!!! Two of my most favorite people! Aren't they just adorable????




This year I am determined to relax and mark things off my forever growing to-do list. I am also going to do a blog post each day. Wow! A big challenge for me, the unmotivated blogger. Wish me luck!



So for today...



In less than 24 hours I have fallen head over heels for couponing! Who would have thought that sentence would ever come out of my mouth? Mrs. Susie, Ryan's mom, has been telling me about all the money you can save if you just spend a little time each week cutting coupons. So, I decided to take her advice and give it a shot. I bought a paper yesterday and did just a little coupon research at www.couponing101.com this morning. It was nothing too time consuming like I thought it would be.


Ryan and I were out of some toiletries so I took my coupons and headed to Walgreen's. When I walked out of there I was shocked! I only spent $24.74 and I saved a whopping $24.97. Here is my proof...




Crazy huh? I didn't get the cheapo stuff either...it was the high dollar goods! I ended up getting a toothbrush, a bottle of men's body wash, and men's deodorant completely FREE. Who doesn't like free?? All of my other items were heavily discounted, either because of my coupon or a store deal that Walgreen's had going on. To top it off, I earned a $4.oo coupon to spend on my next Walgreen's purchase. I don't know if I will be carrying around my coupon binder in the store or anything, but I am definitely going to give this thing a shot. We will see how it goes! I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful spring day! :)
XOXO,

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment