Monday, June 28, 2010

Our nice little Saturday...

The shed that Ryan and I put together!

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time." -Frank the Tank from Old School


Ryan and I started our first project as husband and wife. We are attempting to make our backyard pretty. The first step of the project was buying a storage shed to house all of our little yard tools. We mostly needed it for our new lawn mower that was being housed in our guest bedroom. It had to go! The gas fumes and hunter green color did not go with my new comforter. Soooooooo we woke up bright and early, went to Lowes and purchased our little shed. The box said that it only took 45 minutes to assemble...piece of cake!

HA HA HA! There is absolutely no way anyone could put this thing together in that amount of time. There was some major constructing going on! We had to build a roof and everything. It ended up taking us about six hours! We did have to take a short lunch break to Chick-fil-A so we wouldn't kill each other. (Lack of food makes me crabby and hard to deal with).

All in all we did pretty darn great! I would say we argued minimally. Ryan was pretty understanding of the fact that I'm no Bob the Builder. I'm quite proud of us...such a good little team!

The next step of our backyard beautification project is to clean out all the old flowerbeds and make new ones! Sounds fun huh? Maybe Ryan and I will win the lottery so we can just hire somebody who knows what they are doing!
















2 comments:

  1. Kat and Ryan hope this is the first of many projects together. Hope you have as much fun with these as your Mother and I do.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all are so stinking cute! I can't wait to come see the house, I am sure it looks great! Hope y'all have a great honeymonn, love you!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete